• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Ranger Slated for Return to US in 2018

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought the whole reason they weren't going to bring the Ranger back was because the global "T6" platform was too close in size to the F-150?

I personally think the T6 platform is pretty ugly and yes...I think they are only available in what is essentially a sport-trac-like configuration.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought the whole reason they weren't going to bring the Ranger back was because the global "T6" platform was too close in size to the F-150?

I personally think the T6 platform is pretty ugly and yes...I think they are only available in what is essentially a sport-trac-like configuration.
Wikipedia has a picture of an extended cab one... I think I have seen somewhere that they come in about every config you can think of. Just shucky darn the places of the world that preferred a crew cab NA Ranger also preferred a crew cab T6 Ranger.

If this isn't just people jumping at shadows I still say Ford let GM take the fall for this. If the market wasn't there they would happily let GM eat all the expense of bringing the Colorado to market. If it worked out... bring on the T6.

fredobandito

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I had one of those new Colorados at work back when I was still a delivery driver for Advance, and I put over 2000 miles on it in a little over 5 months. GM made a truck for yuppies with that one. It looks great, but you can't use it for truck stuff. The 4 banger felt like it had half the power it was rated for because of the gearing, the "manual shift" button is like waiting in line at the DMV, you can't see anything 15 feet behind you because of how high the top of the bed sits, and the plastic eco bumper is an embarrassment to pickup trucks everywhere. Ford doesn't need to compete with this turd.

Unfortunately, with this whole "One Ford" BS that they've been on about, if we do get a Ranger, it'll probably be the T6 rather than a clean sheet design. Personally, I'd prefer something on a raised Mustang platform with the front end off the 2015 Explorer. In Dark Shadow Gray. With a Coyote 5.0. Mmmmmm.....

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Cool...now I just need to scrape and save and maybe sell some body parts to buy a used one in 2025...by then the used trucks should be down around $10,000...just as much as one Ford worker signing bonus...

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It amazes me how the auto industry throws money at the UAW.

Anyway...

I wonder what the Bronco will end up like now that people are barely even buying 2-door Wranglers anymore.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I would like one like the one what's his name had customized...Jay Leno...not sure if it was his or he featured it but it was pretty impressive...

Ranger4x4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
God is great, beer is good, and rangers are awesome!
I think they should go back to the 2011 style if they would bring it back, just a way more fancier interior, like touch screen radio and a few other fancier crap. W/ an ecoboost engine! And hopefully a better 4.0.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Needs a fancy new 8 or 9 speed tranny and efficient engine to get mileage like Jeeps Cherokee. Otherwise I'd rather have the same fuel mileage and a fullsize.............

**** the UAW, seriously out of control on wages and benefits, we pay for it if we want the product they worked on and they have chased jobs out of the country for their high wages and huge benefits.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unfortunately, with this whole "One Ford" BS that they've been on about, if we do get a Ranger, it'll probably be the T6 rather than a clean sheet design. Personally, I'd prefer something on a raised Mustang platform with the front end off the 2015 Explorer. In Dark Shadow Gray. With a Coyote 5.0. Mmmmmm.....
Ford Flex front with a different lower bumper. :icon_thumby:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I will believe it when I see it. Talk is cheap. They need to shut up or put out.

Sweersa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
I think they should go back to the 2011 style if they would bring it back, just a way more fancier interior, like touch screen radio and a few other fancier crap. W/ an ecoboost engine! And hopefully a better 4.0.
I like the look of the newer Rangers they have overseas. I'm not a fan of all the electronics. More expensive crap that breaks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals