• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

suction line condensing all the way to the compressor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I converted to 134a and it feels pretty cold. 45 out of the vents. I have had the compressor cycling off in the morning, but while driving later it seemed to stay on all of the time but i did notice that the suction line has condensation on it all the way to the compressor which worries me. should this be normal on this truck? i put in 24oz of 134a which is about 85% of the r12 it calls for (1.75 lbs).

rustyoldtinman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
As long as the compressor stays dry I haven't seen any problems. The accumulator should extra refrigerant. Maybe slightly overcharged.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
something that has been bothering me, when i did the vacuum and turned off the pump i noticed that the yellow hose was not real tight on the pump. which makes me wonder if i did not get a good enough vacuum on the system? this is driving me nuts. do i need to evacuate and pump it down again? i don't know how long i'll keep this truck maybe another year. so i don't know if its worth it or not. but i spent 250 to get this going and i don't want it to fail bcuz i didn't get all the moisture out and have it rust out. I put on a new compressor hoses and drier and orifice tube. then, if i pump down again, will i lose oil and have to put more in?

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if you evacuate it carefully you shouldn't lose the oil.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals