• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Well the rust is finally starting

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've had my Bronco II for 2 years now and the salt is finally catching up to it (despite me religiously hosing it down). I'll have to fix this come spring when it warms up a bit, seems like moisture is making its way though where the two panels weld together on the inside.

What is the correct paint number/ available matches of Eddie Bauer Tan?
I did some searching and found that the eddie bauer paint color shows up as an Arizona Beige is UA/M6373, but have read that it is a noticeably different shade of tan. Anyone have any luck touching up the tan on an Eddie Bauer?

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That rust on the rear fender lip is not really from salt. I live in a salt free zone 98.6% of the year, not to mention my BII has sit most of its life. I still have/had that rusty area behind the rear tire. The issue is the body seam sealer cracking. Your tires sling rain up in the fender but the water can't escape even when its hot as hell out side. If your sealant behind your tires looks cracked then you need a chisel, a loose hack saw blade, and a long pick of some sort. First, chisel the old seam sealant from under the truck. Second, under that sealant is another sealant (3M expanding foam) which acts like a sponge. Take your hack saw blade and work it in there to begin removing it. Third, take a pick and get the loose particles out. Fourth, take your cargo wall lining out and inspect the body side panel/floor board joint. My seam sealant was letting water into the cargo cab area. You may notice a hole at the very top or your fender-well. Its some sort of body thingy from Ford. Anyway seal that (weld or JB Weld it).
I haven't completely fixed mine as yet. I still have my cargo lining out. I'm trying to come up with a way to permanently put mine back together but the way the body is designed its going to be complex. The gas cap access door panel still lets water in to that area no matter what what you do. Then by design, its supposed to drain out the very rear at the bumper. Its going to be a tricky fix to resolve what Ford should have done to start with but anyway....I guess welding the gas cap door closed would do the job but a new gas inlet will need to be installed some where. What ever you do just be sure to apply lots of rust protection.
Good Luck, let me / us know how things turn out.

Last edited:

Die.Fledermaus

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
0"
Tire Size
215/75-15
I have the same question, seems EB had further limited colors, yet nobody talks. I found some late '80s sales pamphlets that listed the choices but were too blurry to read (ebay).

Yours looks close to mine, is your door jam sticker still intact?
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146048

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals