• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help fixing my Camber

FredrickPatton

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Ranger with a 4 inch suspension lift and the camber of my tires is tilted in on the top and I'm trying to fix it without using an aftermarket camber adjuster so I don't put a weird angle on the ball joints. I was told by a good shop that I should put a 1-inch coil spacer in or a 5 inch lift coil. I'm not sure if that's because my coils are worn out from being on the truck for a long time and it is a work truck so it gets loaded down with quite a bit of weight sometimes. Anyone know of a 1 inch coil spacer or 5 inch lift coil? Or experience this problem and think that maybe replacing it with new 4 inch lift coils would fix my problem? I can't seem to find either a 1-inch coil spacer or 5 inch lift coils. All I can find is 2 inch coil spacers and 6 inch lift coils and I was told that would be too much. Any ideas?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You can make a spacer whatever height you want using some large 1-3/8" I.D. washers...

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/WasherCoilSpacers.shtml

Is your truck a Supercab by chance? Some 6" coils (such as Skyjacker's) will work well on a 4" lift on a Supercab due to the truck being heavier than say, a reg-cab with a 4-cyl engine.

Also, don't lose track of that shop... Shops with a tech who is wise enough to suggest a spacer or longer coil for a camber issue are few & far-between it seems.

FredrickPatton

Reaction score
Awesome thank you very much. I will definitely be doing that. And no it is a single cab with a 2.9 but like I said it gets loaded down sometimes. I have a lumber rack that has been way over its weight limit a couple of times I think and all the tools I Cary on a regular basis. I'm guessing there a little weaker then they were originally. Again thank you much.

FredrickPatton

Reaction score
Also the shop that told me to put on a coil spacer is straight alignment and brake of Port Angeles wa. The owner, Don is a great mechanic and I take all my vehicles to him. Like you said good shops are hard to find and this is a great one!!!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Go with the washers them.

If you have a Fastenall nearby you, they should be able to hook you up, however even Home Depot might have something that will work too (they did in the past anyway... Can't hurt to check)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals