• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

the ol' zip tie throttle trick

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Too bad those new rangers look like crap. I hate all this modernizing of vehicles. what happened to keeping it simple when a headlight was square? now they have more curves and angles than the car itself. I'm sure those fancy headlights aren't cheap either. that what is love about my truck and rangers in general, is that you can find parts all day long for cheap. heaven forbid you try to find a part at the local pick-n-pull on a 2019 infinity qx50 lol.
Oh, I agree totally with that sentiment...I love the old Rangers way more in terms of styling, ease of repair (since I know how to do much of it now), and avoiding the feeling that I'm in some space craft that takes a computer to figure out...

But that's progress and I find that many of the changes are for the good in most cases. I remember one of my Uncles who was a mechanic and he loved working on older vehicles...most likely because he understood them and could fix them without thinking too much about them...as they became more complicated they required more training and that was both time consuming and often expensive in terms of down time and having to travel to take courses.

I'm sure that in 25 years we will be seeing a new crowd or old Ranger lovers (2019 and onward) bemoaning the loss of the good trucks...lol

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There's a difference in upgrading a vehicle. on one side you have cars being built to out-perform the previous years in mpg, reliability and so on. Then on the other side you have cars that are being built to make people more and more lazy. it started with remote starters. now you have self driving cars. I do not like technology that makes us lazy like self driving cars, the google home crap or siri crap. I prefer doing shit myself. kids in twenty years aren't going to know how to change their oil or tire. they will think there's an app for that haha. my kids will know what to do when their vehicle brakes down I guarantee that!

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
We've been "modernizing vehicles" since they were created. Think about that. We're far and away from driving Model Ts, that didn't happen overnight. Although, on the body and frame side they have advanced more in the last 10 years than they did in the previous 20, much much safer than they used to be with all the ultra high strength steels and restraint systems.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I believe my 95 has way too much computer gadgets in it, I like better working on my 1961 Land Rover Series 2, the only electronics in it are the ignition system and lights, lol.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
We've been "modernizing vehicles" since they were created. Think about that. We're far and away from driving Model Ts, that didn't happen overnight. Although, on the body and frame side they have advanced more in the last 10 years than they did in the previous 20, much much safer than they used to be with all the ultra high strength steels and restraint systems.
True, and I wonder now how much of that would have been innovated without billion dollar law suit for injuries and loss of life. Would it have been such a priority if there wasn't such a huge penalty for seemingly not caring about passenger safety?

And how much of it would have come about if we didn't start building smaller and faster computers to control everything...:dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals