• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Radio static

Cami Gilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The radio was fine before I installed the amp/sub..ran the Power & Remote on the right side, RCAs on left side. Checked the antenna, and it's plugged in fine. Unplugged the RCAs, still fuzzy. Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
could be a bad ground, I had something similar happen when a plug cable was leaking. Recheck all your connections especially your ground. I'm assuming you meant you ran the wires and rca's on opposite sides right? since you said left side for both. Anyways make sure your cables aren't being pinched or running near anything else that has a major current draw. Lastly are they good quality cables? decent shielding? etc.

Cami Gilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll post some pictures later with my ground. Cables aren't the best - $20 set from Brandsmart USA

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
your rca's arent that big of a deal they all will be the same unless u get up into the more expensive ones like the 150 dollar ones that are soft copper and hand made, i have friends that use all different types and prices and i cant tell the difference. the biggest thin g would check is ur grounds im 99.9% positive thats ur problem. my ground was great i thought cause my sub worked then it stopped so i moved the ground and sanded it down really good and it works great now and my sub bumps alot harder now.

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What it sounds like you have is a ground loop. It's basically a 60htz hum.
If you go to best buy or a local audio shop they will have an eliminator that you will want to splice into your radio power and ground wires

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals