• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fu exploder

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
lets try this

Picked her up on friday

by sat night

Last edited:

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks cool...any story or details?

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
Basicly, I'm heading up a team, well, I am the team with 2 other guys who'll be showing up on race day, that's building a cheap truck challange truck for a competition in july. The comp is being put on by canadian 4x4 magazine. The rules are simple. $1500 max coin into it, no borrowing from your other truck or loaners. And you have to take it back out when done. I'm inot mine for about $20 so far. I have a pair of dodge axles going into it, a front d60 and a rear d80 both with 3.54 gears. Not great, but free is free. Both axles are being setup with a mirrored one link setup which will be anchored to a bolt in crossmember which will double as a re3ar tranny mount. I had a 460 lined up to drop in as well but the guy I'm getting it from is semi employed right now and doesn't want to spend the coin on his new motor so I can have the old one right now, so it looks like I'm putting in a 5.8 for right now. I have a zf5 behind that followed by a dual 1356 tcase setup that I built for another project that then whent a different dirrection. I have a set of 44" ground hawgs that I've had forever and will be running when street driving and a set of 42" tractor tires for the comp, again, free.

I'm designing this so that when I roll, not if, and the body is destroyed I can just go get another one, unbolt and reinstall my good stuff on the new one. The first snag, the guy I got this one off of is a bit of a buisy boy right now. His wife is poppin out her first kid and I know that's stressfull ect. He promised me that he'ld have the papers for me over a week ago. Nothing against him, but I'm not building a truck up when I don't have papers for it. I've been down that road before and I am not doing that again. If it's not 100% legaly mine, sorry, but it's going to scrap tommorow. Don't worry though, I'm picking up a white one about an hour after that one is off the deck. The white one already has no motor or rear end, so no real time loss, just agrivation. Whitty's interior is kinda beat, but today I'm pulling the first's interior, doors and other selected sheet metal for spares.

Fortunatly I'm working part time, sortof, right now so I can get this thing done as well as getting my crane/deck truck done as well. Can't wait for the wife tostart in about redoing the roof this year.

Last edited:

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, Defiantly keep us posted on them pix man!

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bad ass... show us more...

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
And no papers arrived, so running out of time, she had to go. Bin down that road, not going there again.

And another freebbee

And she's home, with papers, and a very pretty set of rims.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
i personally woulda stripped out that other sploder more

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
i personally woulda stripped out that other sploder more
Why? I have another one already lined up after this one, and a budy of mine has 6 that I can have at a moments notice with a flat o beer.

This weekend we should have the arms built and hopefully the new motor in.

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Right on! I can't wait for this event, gonna be a hoot to see what everyone's built! Good luck, my money's on the mighty exploder! :D

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
Got pissed about the piddling around and with a couple free days in the shop, followed the german blitzkrieg methodollogy and attacked full force. 3 days from pretty much bone stock, just stripped out and naked.

"new shoes"

Starting the new support structure.

New front axle. Nuttin like puting a dodge in a ford.

Front axle at full stuff. Just clears everything with the axle tube in front of the factory saddle.

Still more droop possible, but not realisticly.

front wishbone almost done. The box is for the driveshaft. It was planned.

actually sitting with the weight on the springs.not sure about the final ride hight, but there's no motor in at this point. the upper spring mounts will probably be one of the last things I do so I don't have to mess with my spriings. I have 6" lift springs from a 70's f150. If I do it right, I should be able to put some stockers back in her with some smaller, 37"s and be almost legal.

I love my cranes.

Don't think I was this proud when my kids were born.

springs needed to be out and a few other things to get her mobil, at least trailerable.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
must be rough working in a shop like that....Now I want some action shots

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
Rear suspension all done. Just need to add shocks.

Just finished these today as well.

Not a lot left, but not much time either. Madin trip 10 days.

fu250

Reaction score
Engine Size
many
Transmission
Automatic
Dropped the boddy back on. Needed to compact the space I was talking up and needed to set the ride height with weight on her. Rear is at ride height and front is pretty close.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals