• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rhino Ramp Review.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bought a pair of Rhino ramps a few months ago when I was working on the Zx2. It made oil changes a breeze and they were really light.

UNFORTUNATELY, one ramp cracked under the pressure of my Ranger. These ramps are rated at 8k pounds. I returned them to the store assuming they were defective, and was given a replacement.

Today, I almost died. I was crawling underneath the S10 to change the oil when I heard a pop. Obviously I shouldn't hear a pop before I crawl under a vehicle so I grabbed ahold of the tow hooks and pulled myself out of there ASAP. I'm looking in pure terror as the passengers side of the truck crashes to the ground above the shattered and flattened ramp. The drivers side also follows, since the truck is now at an angle and putting uneven pressure on the side wall of the ramp.

Do NOT buy rhino ramps if you value your life. If I hadn't gotten out from under there I would be in the hospital right now.

These ramps get 0 stars from me.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
shit! glad you acted fast man. i wouldnt trust plastic on something like that anyhow, i dont care how many pounds they're rated for.

we sold those when i was working at autozone. dont recall anyone having any problems, but i dont really remember anyone buying them.

i was given a nice metal set by a neighbor of my mom and dad when they moved.

you need to write the company that makes them and let them know you're very unhappy

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they're great for 4 wheelers, riding mowers, etc. i have used mine when i had my geo tracker trail rig. much lighter than my ranger and had no problems. but i wouldn't put my ranger or dakota on them for sure. glad you got out in time!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just one more reason to always use jack stands.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Not sure of the brand but i've got a set of plastic ramps that routinely support the weight of my fullsize and its got a psd under the hood.....

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i've learned the hard way also, i almost got crushed... so i use jackstands-- even w/ ramps. my friends laugh at me for it, but i value my life! lol..

and that's w/ metal ramps.. not plastic.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
glad you are ok

that is why anytime i have a vehicle in the air, it is supported by 2 separate methods.

i have plastic ramps for my wife's car, but i also have a stubby set of jackstands

if i am using jackstands on my truck, the jack stays under there too.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Whenever I use my jack I use my stands. I just didn't expect them to break like that, being rated for 8k pounds and all.

I learned my lesson, and will never buy from them again. I'm borrowing a set of my father-in-law's ramps and will buy my own metal ones soon. They come cheap enough on craigslist.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals