• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mild prerunner build

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I first posted this build in the rbv's under construction but since upgraded my page with new up to date pics and this is a more suitable place to get advice, keep in mind I'm not building a race truck just something that has the look and I can have fun in. check it out and let me know what you think so far. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2879150

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
cool build man, it'll definitely have more than just "the look" when you're done!

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
very nice! you already have a good amount of work into her!

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys, I'm working 80 hrs a week so I dont get alot of time to work on the truck but I just ordered my 1 1/4" heims and picked up the steel I need to make my I-beams, I got some machine work and fabrication work to do but I should be able to give you guys a look at them in a few weeks

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey 84 i'll show you mine if you show me yours, truck that is, we need updates whats happenin with the old girl

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha i know. im movin a bit slow due to this bein my last semester in college and it takin up time. also the fact that the ranger is 200 miles away from me. in about two weeks ill finally be free to work on her again.

i did jsut talk to a fellow on here that has some 4.56 gears for my 8.8 for 100 bucks! hopefully i can get them soon!

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah take care of school man, more school=more money=better parts=cooler truck

some machine work was done this week, im lookin at 10 to 14 hrs to machine the parts for my I beams, ill post some updates on my cardomain page soon.

I,m hopin to get some 4.56's and a spool for mine too some day

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Nice lookin build so far!

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I was at the garage this morning, and did some work on the cab. Nothing much pulled out the dash and the seats pefore comming home to watch the daytona 500

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Updates, the I-beams are done and the front suspension is in place, A big thanks to my buddy Mark for the excelent machine work.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I cut and plated the coil buckets to clear longer shocks, the coil buckets will also be supported by the engine cage

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Wow FX2 and 84, you guys trucks are crap, with crap parts. I can't believe you guys will try to show it off. All I see is soddy fab work with shitty parts. OK ya I'm just ****en with you guys I wish I could see these up close, and work with some of those tools to start working on fabing cool shit.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow FX2 and 84, you guys trucks are crap, with crap parts. I can't believe you guys will try to show it off. All I see is soddy fab work with shitty parts. OK ya I'm just ****en with you guys I wish I could see these up close, and work with some of those tools to start working on fabing cool shit.
LMAO! man you had me there for a min! haha but hey, im ALOT closer than FX2 is and your welcome to come over anytime to check the truck out. Ill be back down on the 25th to plate the frame from the back forward, just picked up a 4'x4' sheet of 3/16 plate to GET R' DUN! I think i still got your number so ill send ya a text next week to see if your free. It will most likely be just my buddy and i. Time to get to :icon_welder:

FX2, i REALLY think you need to trailer that bad boy down here for a week or so when you finish her so we can all go out and break something. Hell maybe we could all meet up at Pismo Beach by Raceranger and paly in the dunes there. Ive been there twice and its perfect for our trucks plus its jsut cool as hell :headbang:. Oh and if someone gets stuck, dont worry, ill have the big bad chevy come pull us out :D.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I will be advaible. sat. I work fri. and sunday. It kinda sucks I only work 11days a month. but I work usally have to work one day of the week.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals