• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Banner Trek 2012 - Snow Shoes to Bikini's (Alaska to Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ontario ranger club would LOVE to see it! Sitting at over 100 members in the local area!

if its going through ontario, TALK TO ME!!!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
While that would be awesome, idk if it is ideal... Feel free to disagree with me here (anyone) but this is a Trs banner, not so much a ranger banner... So it's not really something I personally would want to see 98 members of a different forum sign, if they weren't also (active) members of this site

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
While that would be awesome, idk if it is ideal... Feel free to disagree with me here (anyone) but this is a Trs banner, not so much a ranger banner... So it's not really something I personally would want to see 98 members of a different forum sign, if they weren't also (active) members of this site
Maybe Jim O. could give them Gaaa-reeen Cards or Honorary TRSmanship so's they could bunch-sign the Banner in one corner......

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've got St.Louis covered if anyone else close wants to join.

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
06RangerXLT, if you bring it to adsm, if he can bring it west to Warren both me and Grey_04 could get on it, maybe get a little get together at Big Jims house for a day and then southward bound. Penny for your thoughts, but with taxes, leave your $.02 on this idea

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well considering the Ontario Ranger Club has a subsection in the Canada section of TRS, I think it would be alright. There are alot of active members in ORC that are here. and we dont have our own forum, we actually dont run through any other forum then TRS, unless they choose to be a mamber of another one. Our most active page is the facebook page. I wouldnt get 100 signatures on it, just a picture with like 30 trucks. Theres a meet april 29th, if it can be here for that, I'll get a picture and send it south to ADSM.

06RangerXLT, if you bring it to adsm, if he can bring it west to Warren both me and Grey_04 could get on it, maybe get a little get together at Big Jims house for a day and then southward bound. Penny for your thoughts, but with taxes, leave your $.02 on this idea
Id be happy to bring it to ADSM. Question is when. Id have to book time off and get my passport renewed, so... lol. ya know. that sounds like a decent plan, just gotta hash out details.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When someone starts figuring out a route, I'm in Red Deer. I know the Calgary/Edmonton corridor has lots of peeps. I volunteer to run it south [Lethbridge?], then east or west depending on member turnout. Or whatever directions needed. I'm currently on EI so have the time to over-night if necessary. Would be great to do some mild wheeling too.

Richard

RedneckSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If the banner ends up coming through Ohio I would be honored to help move it along, it's been awhile since my Ranger has been on a good roadtrip.

Jimbo45

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95 Ranger 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
CHKNFKR has Charleston IL already covered, and I do travel to Paris IL often, so I could help out around there if needed. Would love to sign this (although my signature on a vinyl human may require some delicate explaining to wifey, if that is what we are transporting :shok:)!

Dan B.

January 2012 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
387 Windsor
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I read a few pages and kinda skipped to the end.....did this get started yet?

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I read a few pages and kinda skipped to the end.....did this get started yet?
It's still getting ironed out.....might start in late March/early April...depends on the Spring thaw up North.....

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I ordered the blank banner, but I'm running in to a minor problem...

I had to replace my vinyl cutter last year, and I can't use the old files on the new cutter. That means I either need the TRS logo converted to a vector image that I can pull apart to cut the vinyl in the different colors, or better software to scan it in to the cutting software.

The software that came with my cutter doesn't have a feature to scan images and vectorize them. I was going to buy a software upgrade, but it's like $500. I found (2) possible software solutions that are under $200, I'm just trying to figure out which one is going to work best for me. I want to get this sent out by mid march.

I have larger files of the TRS logo. If anyone knows how to convert it to a vector so I can cut the blue, black and red, and then piece it together, please send me a PM.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I ordered the blank banner, but I'm running in to a minor problem...

I had to replace my vinyl cutter last year, and I can't use the old files on the new cutter. That means I either need the TRS logo converted to a vector image that I can pull apart to cut the vinyl in the different colors, or better software to scan it in to the cutting software.

The software that came with my cutter doesn't have a feature to scan images and vectorize them. I was going to buy a software upgrade, but it's like $500. I found (2) possible software solutions that are under $200, I'm just trying to figure out which one is going to work best for me. I want to get this sent out by mid march.

I have larger files of the TRS logo. If anyone knows how to convert it to a vector so I can cut the blue, black and red, and then piece it together, please send me a PM.
Thats all fine and dandy Jim. Told ya I could have a bigge made here for 50 bucks, double stitched and brass holes all around. Sure they would tell you how to do it after, hehe she said for dam sure.:icon_thumby:

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Jim O......thanks for the update..........don't sweat it about the vinyl machine......they told me in Computer Class 101 in 1968 that computers were going to make life so much easier---I'm sure it will happen soon!

Lima.....if you wasn't crazier than me....people would take you more seriouser when you sayed something important...like a fify dollar Banner...

;missingteeth;

MrRangerSir

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Road trip time!

Sounds like this may be going via Whitehorse. I'm willing to split the distance to Smithers, say Dease Lake? I can also make sure it spends some time in Terrace before heading east to Prince George. I could carry it a little farther east if needed, or maybe south towards Kamloops? Keep me in mind when the route is planned,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals