• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need a timing belt diagram 2.3

fredsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I need the timing diagram for the timing marks on my 95 ranger 2.3 liter 4 banger

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Well all the marks are on the block then on the pulleys,just line those up. The only thing you have to find is Top Dead Center, which If I remember might be every 2 rotations on the crankshaft pulley, the crankshaft pulley might have a homemade mark on it, like a line, which just has to line up with the mark on the timing belt cover....
I'ma keep looking for a diagram, I know there around here....

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
"Just did a 95 2.3L ranger timing belt. Not hard but the camshaft pulley and oil pump pulley both have 2 marks on them so it can be confusing. You have to make sure your on the right one. Cam Pulley lines up on the triangle shaped mark. oil pump pulley lines up on the diamond shaped mark. The marks on the inner timing cover will match these also if you look closely. Hope this helps"(FordForum.com).
SOHC, hope it helps for the 2.3

yum thats good rep power lol. j/k

Last edited:

fredsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks guys got it paid 160 to get it all done but all in all it was a good deal 1st mechanic effed me out of 90 bucks and didnt do crap but this other guy fixed it in a hr no prob truck runs great now

mostlysnow

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am in the process of doing a 2001 2.3 so using this information you have provided, if the cam is a triangle on the block, the triangle should be used on the cam pulley indicator correct; same with the oil pump? Also on the crank, how do I know I am TDC before intake or exhaust? I am afraid it will be 180 out and I will have to take back apart.

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
Mostly, you are posting on an oldish thread... but:
Also on the crank, how do I know I am TDC before intake or exhaust? I am afraid it will be 180 out and I will have to take back apart.

The crankshaft & pistons don't know whether they are compressing or exhausting. They may be both.. Any way, the crankshaft needs only to have the #1 piston at TDC, in either case. However, the cam & timing needs to know it is the end of compression or exhaust, so they have to be set individually. The cam with the triangle in place will put the #1 valves with the intake having closed, and the exhaust ready to open next, and the pump drive will put the sensor at #1 ... So the crank does not care! Whoopeee!!!
tom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals