• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ive gone to the dark side....i think

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Not a big deal...I got a '95 ZJ v8/awd back in August, no rust, 198k, and I paid $150 for it, just had to put a fuel pump in it ($230), brakes ($160) and tires (free). If you get it, I hope you enjoy it! Once I sell my Buick mine will be my DD.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
wj's can be nice.. !

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Not bad 5 tires too. Looks decent. I've haven't ridden in one since my brother had one. I may take the plunge and do the superlift suspension... Since I can't get the suspension I want...
Truck looks nice.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I had a Cherokee Sport with the old, proven straight six, never a mechanical problem in 140K miles, finally brakes. Several of us at work would have bought another but they switched motors and bodies. Hope you like and enjoy the new ride, need a good 4x4 DD up here for the Winter.
Dave of the Nord

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I used to be anti-Jeep, but they are wheelin' machines. My brother and Dad both had bad luck with them (96 Grand Cherokee with a 318 and 85 Cherokee Sport with a 2.5). But my friend just bought a 92 Cherokee that's supposed to be Moab worthy already. He has a 4.0 that is stroked, I think he said it's a 4.6 now.

I am sad about you not getting the Fox though! I always enjoy seeing a Fox get into good hands.

Sorry to get a little off topic, but if anyone knows who makes a really good "long arm suspension kit" (that's what he calls it) for his Cherokee, let me know. I looked at James Duff, but I don't see Jeep stuff there.

I'll post pics if it's worth a sh!t when I see it. =)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
My 02 Grand Cherokee 4x4 goes anywhere we take it. My 06 Wrangler goes a bit better since it has a 6 inch lift and bigger tires. We have 75,000 on the Cherokee and it still looks and runs like new. They will last you a long time.

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
not the responses i was expecting lol. its pretty much teh best deal i can find on CL or anywhere around here, C4C has raped this area so its hard to find a used vehicle for a decent price.

jhammel85

Not a bad thing to get a jeep man. I grew up in an (amc) jeep and ford family so it's all good if you ask me.

My parents have a 99 cherokee and a 98 Wrangler. Both with the good ol 4.0. The worse thing about them, besides the interior plastics?.....The damn electrical wiring. They both have their gremlins.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I used to be anti-Jeep, but they are wheelin' machines. My brother and Dad both had bad luck with them (96 Grand Cherokee with a 318 and 85 Cherokee Sport with a 2.5). But my friend just bought a 92 Cherokee that's supposed to be Moab worthy already. He has a 4.0 that is stroked, I think he said it's a 4.6 now.

I am sad about you not getting the Fox though! I always enjoy seeing a Fox get into good hands.

Sorry to get a little off topic, but if anyone knows who makes a really good "long arm suspension kit" (that's what he calls it) for his Cherokee, let me know. I looked at James Duff, but I don't see Jeep stuff there.

See if Rusty's sell it, or try Quadratec.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Jeeps aren't bad. My liberty has 80k on it, and nothing has broken since it was new in 03. Granted the UCA's are shit, but those have been replaced with rocky road outfitters arms for the lift so, who cares?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged

Do a google search, you'll find plenty of suppliers for long arm kits, they all run ~$2,000 though. I plan to do it to mine, I'm just glad I have less than $500 in mine right now lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals