• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 Ranger 3.0 Engine Races to 3grand briefly and then comes down.

John Regas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone experienced their Rangers engine constantly racing up rpms to about 3000 and staying there for about ten seconds and then coming back down to a more normal rpm. It seems to happen only in the summer hot and humid months.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
mine does that, but i have a 2.3 and sometimes it will just start idleing 1000 rpm higher then normal. it also idles down when i depress the clutch.........fords are wierd????

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Mine does it on occasion. I have bought the o-rings that seal the injectors in the intake, thinking they might be causing a vacuum leak, but haven't gotten to replacing them.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
start with the basics that have already been suggested. check for vacuum leaks (anywhere, not just the injector o-rings). clean your IAC solenoid. also check your throttle cable and plate for any binding/sticking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals