• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

neutral safety switch for a C4 wiring

ddarkslayer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
so My 94 ranger has a 2.3 4 banger M/T. could I use a harness from a V6 A/T and rewire the harness to work with a NSS for a C4?

Cam10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
Explain to me what it is that you are trying to do. Why do you want to incorporate a c4 nss into you current setup?

Personally, I have the whole wiring process down on paper to wire a c4 into my 90 ranger, 2.9 m/t. If that will help you, let m know.

ddarkslayer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I choose the C4 for my setup because I don't have to swap my drive line. I understand the whole tranny is hydraulic however I'm going to use an A9P computer for my swap and I know the NSS Pin 30 is going to tell the PCM to get ready for a load so the engine doesn't stall when I shift into gear. if I can get away with it and bypass the NSS I would rather do that.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to use the wires but not the switch itself.

Pin 30 on the EEC-IV gets 0v when trans is in Park, and 5volts when in gear.
EEC-IV pin outs here: http://www.auto-diagnostics.info/ford_eec_iv
Pin 26 is the 5volts that should be at the NSS switch.

C4 has a reverse light switch that bolts on to the shifter(external), older mustangs is my reference, which should be able to accommodate another switch that is "open" in Park then closed(passes 5 volts) when not in Park

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals