• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0l guy here looking to be pointed the right way

00rangerde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey every one im lookign for like a list of the fastest 3.0l or dyno test guys have done is there such a post on this or do i have to look thorw every ones post like 10000 pages lol( i want to see stock, na bolt ons and boost dyno numers and 1/4)

also any one know that guy that did the 1.7 roller rockers and amde 20 more hp its on one of the ranger forums
i also joined rps with the smae user names thanks

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
Do a search. Punctuation please, that is very difficult to read.

As far as I know Morana is the only one selling 1.7RR's.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Honestly, your best bet is to just "google" whatever info you're trying to find ie: "ranger whipple time slip", or "ranger 3.0 dyno" etc. You're not going to find all of the info you want in one spot. Very few 3.0 owners mess with performance stuff, and even fewer bother to do dyno tests, etc.

Dragtimes.com will have some examples for you about 1/4 mile times. Personally, my mostly stock truck with an auto trans ran 17.2 in the 1/4. Haven't made it to the track or the dyno since I've put the fun motor/manual trans in it. I'll probably get around to it eventually.

Some of the whipple guys have dyno'd their trucks in the past, but the results vary a lot depending on other modifications, and who was doing the tuning. There is a sticky in the 3.0 forced induction section on RPS where several guys have posetd dyno numbers that will give you an idea of what to expect.

JP02XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It also depends on the dyno your testing on as well, as to what HP you put down, I have a truck that put down 556 on one dyno and then 578 on another, air temps and humidity were similar and the truck was up to temp before the pulls, and nothing was changed on the truck, all the pulls were ran max wheel speed, held in 3rd gear.

No it was not the Ranger, never had it on the rollers, yet.

JP02XLT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals