• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

02 2.3l DOHC timing/front cover question.

Dal33tdude123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hello all im looking for a thread (cant remember if it was even on this site or another) that i found a year ago or so and didn't bookmark it! XD It was pics and step by step directions of removing the timing cover, talked about changing the tensioner to a higher quality one due to the stock ones failing, how to change the clutch fan bearing inside the front cover and crank pulley seal. I currently have my cover off and need to change the fan bearing at a min. I just dont remember how to pull it and what bearing i would need for the new one. If this rings a bell and any if you have the thread/link saved i would be eternally greatful!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mostly Lima 2.3l SOHC timing BELT threads here, haven't seen a Mazda L 2.3l DOHC timing chain thread.

Google: ford 2.3 l dohc timing chain replacement

Dal33tdude123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I spent 5 hours googling every key word I could think of lol. Still no luck yet. I will keep trying.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals