• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Honda crx

dgarner08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
this a typical "how much is it worth" question it is a 1987 Honda crx dx with 124000 miles on it. I know it has a bad head gasket and has ben sitting for the last three years. i could get it for 300. is that a decent price?

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
yea but was it owned by a kid that tried to make it fast? the crx has a floating cylinder design, and alot of times people think its the head gasket thats bad buts it really the cylinders cracked because there is no bracing and as soon as you add power they start to flex and crack. but thats a good price, if its auto watch out because all honda autos in the cars are junk and slip like crazy, if its stick you are good, oh and thats torsion bar front end on that so you can lower it easily and free

dgarner08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
this one was drove by a girl for about six months before the head gasket went and it started over heating then they parked it. Also it
is completely stock and a stick
BTW what kind of gas mileage should i expect i know it should be good but how good.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
this one was drove by a girl for about six months before the head gasket went and it started over heating then they parked it. Also it
is completely stock and a stick
BTW what kind of gas mileage should i expect i know it should be good but how good.
it depends on what engine is in it, i know in 89 and newer they had a 1.5 which was the hf model and the si model had a 1.6, the 1.5 got about 43mpg and the si got around 32. both really good on gas. the head gasket is pretty easy to change, i did it on my 89 si the hardest part is the timing belt and water pump because they are up against the drivers side strut support. just make sure to check the head and block surface for warping from overheating before putting it back together, they had to shave my head slightly at the machine shop to get the warp out of it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals