• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should I just do engine rebuild on block

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/14
After all this work I'm still chasing an oil pressure issue, I am experiencing some sounds I took a video for you guys to hear to give me your thoughts, should I just yank engine and rebuild?
I've done oil pump and sender aswell alreasy tested with mechanical gauge it was ready 20-psi when cold I havent done another reading since new oil pump.

https://youtu.be/5TTWn2KoId0

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
If you used a real gauge, and had 20psi cold, at idle, I think you may have too much bearing clearance.
I listened to what I could, but you spent way too much time staring at the dashboard instead of getting around to the engine. Only the last few seconds were of any value. The rest a waste of time.
From what I heard, it was slightly noisy, but the time was very limited, and engines ALL sound noisy when you have the hood open and stick a mic/camera right next to them. You do NOT want to be under a running engine to listen to the sounds down by the oil pan. It may scare you.
I did not think it real bad. But, not much time to listen.
Maybe do another recording and get out of the cab a lot quicker..
tom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/14
If you used a real gauge, and had 20psi cold, at idle, I think you may have too much bearing clearance.
I listened to what I could, but you spent way too much time staring at the dashboard instead of getting around to the engine. Only the last few seconds were of any value. The rest a waste of time.
From what I heard, it was slightly noisy, but the time was very limited, and engines ALL sound noisy when you have the hood open and stick a mic/camera right next to them. You do NOT want to be under a running engine to listen to the sounds down by the oil pan. It may scare you.
I did not think it real bad. But, not much time to listen.
Maybe do another recording and get out of the cab a lot quicker..
tom
Thanks Tom will do new video tonight and post it here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals