• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 B2 clutch hose problems

davidreid59

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Im in the process of replacing my clutch hose. Have anyone ever had any dealings with a slave cylinder connection that is barrel shaped and has a spring inside some sort of valve held in by snap rings? I cant find one like this anywhere? can you just eliminate it? and install a custom hose?

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have not seen one like that either. Free bump for knowledge.

Rustbucket350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My 86 has that slave cylinder. The hose pushes in and is held by a clip that is a PITA to get in. I don't think there is any way around it if you want to retain the factory slave. You might be able to swap your throwout bearing onto a newer slave cylinder and use the newer clips. I'm not sure how that would mount though as the M5OD slave bolts inside the bellhousing and the older ones have tabs to retain them between the bellhousing and trans case.

davidreid59

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I ordered one from rock auto , the new hose doesn't have the weird connection on it. Got the transmission back in it today so I'll see if if works and is long enough tomorrow.

davidreid59

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Well fwiw the new hose fit like a glove. No funky connection just the connector that pops into the slave . Got it all back together and bled the clutch and it changed gears like butter. Now if I can figure out these periods of erratic idle and running I'll be home free. Hope this helped somebody learn something.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals