• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to me B2

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Picked up another B2 today, hasnt been on the road since '98. It an '85 XLS, 4x4 auto, cruise, a/c, sunroof, highback seats with power lumbar, aluminum spare carrier, not too much rust, no dents, probably never off road, havent tried to start it yet but I have plenty of parts. Swapped a 16hp garden tractor engine for it and spent $50 on fuel to haul it home;)

Attachments

IIBRONCOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That B2 looks like it is in good condition. Nice find, and a hell of a trade for a garden tractor engine and $50.00 !!

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Considering our Canadian climate it is in decent condition, but then it was only driven 13 years so that would have helped alot. I have several B2s already but all are pretty much plain jane models, 2 that run/drive and 3 more for parts. My daily driver is pretty rusty so its time to put together a replacement and this last one gives me a few more options.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Weird looking body accessories under that. Never seen it before. Like the old first-gens more than any others, though. Have an '83 in parts. Might put it back together someday.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Weird looking body accessories under that. Never seen it before. Like the old first-gens more than any others, though. Have an '83 in parts. Might put it back together someday.
Factory stuff for an XLS, not real common.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I dont think Ive seen one before with that trim on it, and it probably would not be there if the truck was ever off road'd, or at least not in such good condition. Its a sort of rubber material though so it held up pretty well being a farm truck and driven a few gravel roads. I half expect the body will be rusty under the trim but I have another body in good condition if I need it.

I got it off the trailer and cleaned out yesterday, obviously a woman driver judging by the makeup and assorted garbage left behind. Not a single mouse turd so I was glad to see that. I had to replace the rear latch but otherwise all the door and locks work good, sunroof opens good and seals. Battery side post is broken off the solenoid and the a/c compressor has been robbed off it. But considering what little it cost me Im happy, I need to put together a new daily driver so this gives me alot of options my other ones dont have.

Last edited:

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.
Looks like you have some work ahead of you! Personally, I would part it out, but best of luck whatever you do.

- Joe

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Part it out!!! Lol. Geeze I didnt think it looked that bad, but Im sure you guys see more of them in better condition down south, up here in Canada this is about as good as you'll ever see one unless its already been restored, this one is untouched, no sign of body or paint work, its a survivor.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good to see your still plugging along on the b2's. That looks real nice. Did you ever use the body I sold you?

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Hey Richard hows things.

Havent used the body yet but this latest xls chassis is likely where its going to go along with all best options and the engine from my green '84, dont think I had it yet when you were here, it runs and drives fine but has been in a crash so it cant be insured. Im still driving the old gray beast but the body is near ready to fall off, I put a snowplow on it last year and it works well, just looks bad;)

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You probably have all the options on one b2 or another that they ever came out with. Except maybe the removable side glass that no one has ever seen but in a brochure. Looking forward to a build thread.
My b2 snowplow was awesome, it might have been rustier than yours too, lol.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
They dont get much worse for rust than that old gray beater, cant even open the back door because the body has dropped too low the door doesnt clear the bumper. Lol

I still need power windows and locks but Ive pretty much got everything else I might want.

How do like this Alberta Breeze were gettin today :O

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I may be parting out my 2wd 86 ranger. the bed and cab are rusty but I believe the front clip is good. 2.9 is toast, but the auto 2wd was rebuilt about 10,000 km ago. It has power windows and locks. Last time I checked [several years ago] they worked. Red interior, silver gray outside. What I really need is a low mileage 4.0l for my race truck. Trades possible?

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I have an Explorer here with a 4 litre, actually the wife does... she bought a '97 Sport to fix up and another parts truck but were having issues with the awd system in the Sport, the parts truck is a 4 door '98, runs fine and it drove here but weve pulled the transfer case out of it... but that didnt help fix her Sport.

If you could help get the Sport figured out Im sure she would gladly let you take the engine out of the '98.

I lost a phone awhile back so I dont think I have your contact info anymore... send it to me in txt msg...

Last edited by a moderator:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals