• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

spare tire

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Spare tire carrier or no spare tire carrier? I see a :icon_confused:lot of people take them off

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
i would keep it unless u are gonna build a different one cause u always need a spare when u dont have one its always better to have and not need than to need and not have as my gma use to always say

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i got rid of my factory tire carrier, but i made my own bumper and am in the process of building a custom carrier on it. i wouldnt wanna drive around without a spare

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Transmission
Manual
I agree with the other guys, eventually you will need your spare tire. My B2 originally had a donut spare mounted in the back of the truck which wasn't big enough to match my other others...so I took it out and kept a full size spare in the back. It took up so much room that I grabbed a stock spare tire from the JY to put on my truck...until I saw what a pain it would be to put on. I eventually found a used rear bumper with a spare tire carrier built in. My 2¢.. keep your eyes open and find you a bumper with a spare tire carrier, saves space in the truck and keeps you from being stranded with a flat tire.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals