• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help thinking something out.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ok guys as we all know gas is not getting any cheaper and im facing the point where its getting to be a Pita to keep the Jeep full and me not broke so im going to go the motorcycle option in the spring/summer/fall to save alot of fuel and thus money.

now i have a bike that BigJohn76 gave me and its a pretty nice bike and just needs a tune up and some fixing of lil stuff and its roadworthy, but its a big bike and i forgot just how much it weighs when i pushed it from the shed to get it ready to move to here. Im not sure i can handle it's weight if i lay it over and trying to move it round.

im lookin into something smaller..

gotta run to work fast will finish this later. thread jack away:icon_twisted:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I know, these gas prices are 're-dick-u-less'!!! At least I am glad to hear for the first time in my lifetime that a president of the USA is looking into why these prices are rising so high!! Ex-on just recorded a record 69% profit increase this week over last year!!! AHHHHH such oil mongers!!! I think America should rise up and take control of the gas companies!!!! We need to stop these oil mongers from taking advantage of every situation that arises to give them the right to say...'Ok, Ralph....raise up those prices again!! My daughter just got married and I bought her a small modest 3.5 million dollar home'!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh..kill them all with a tommy gun!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What kind of bike do you have now? If it is a moped you are pretty much up a crick... if it is a Boss Hog we have a lot more room to work with.

I know, these gas prices are 're-dick-u-less'!!! At least I am glad to hear for the first time in my lifetime that a president of the USA is looking into why these prices are rising so high!! Ex-on just recorded a record 69% profit increase this week over last year!!! AHHHHH such oil mongers!!! I think America should rise up and take control of the gas companies!!!! We need to stop these oil mongers from taking advantage of every situation that arises to give them the right to say...'Ok, Ralph....raise up those prices again!! My daughter just got married and I bought her a small modest 3.5 million dollar home'!!!

They looked into it before and nothing came of it... I don't have any faith that this time would be any different. This guy seems so tickled that it is forcing America into looking at more smaller vehicles that get better mpg... the part of America that doesn't need a big vehicle. Just kinda gives those of us that do use bigger vehicles a hard time though. :annoyed:

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
If you want something lightweight, Im thinking...................... Mo-ped! LOL!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
best case scenario, get a friend over, (and a case of beer) and lay it down... then try to pick it back up (drink beer after)

my bike weighs over triple what i weigh, and i can pick it up with no issues...

the easy way is to put your back to the bike, and lift it from behind you... what kind of bike is it? how small are you?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
my bike weighs over triple what i weigh
WTF dude? I know they are huge chunks of steel, but I can't think of many bikes that weigh that much more than me, and I am not a big guy.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If you want something lightweight, Im thinking...................... Mo-ped! LOL!

Oooooo...Vespa!! I had one of those many years ago. Neat looking ride and they last forever!!!! Easy to maintain and great on gas!!! Hmmmm...I might get another one.....for short trips around town!!!

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ok guys the bike i have is a 1980 Kawisaki 550LTD http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_z_550_ltd_1980.php

the reason i have issues picking things up is im disabled and my right arm isnt a big help as i caint use full control of the nerves in it.

right now the bikes im looking at are in the 250CC type. im aiming for a street bike or a Endro or a motard type bike

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Exxon-Mobil makes two cents on each gallon it sells. Record profits are driven on DEMAND.

Do the math.

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
Baaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaacck - the sound I make when I vomit.
:icon_rofl:
I love your sig.

The best way to get out of these prices is DRILL in the US. And do it with out the unions (more than likely not possible though).
As far as im concerned, obamanation is not the guy to look to for lowering the price of oil. He is more intereste in protecting some fawkin little lizard in the middle of prime drilling areas.:annoyed: Or building gay little hybred cars, that no one can get ahold of, that cost more and do more damage to our enviroment than current vehicles.
He has the chance to cut the taxes on gas and is sitting on his biblical donkey, because it would cost to much.

JMO
Oh, and i believe in Capitalism.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
WTF dude? I know they are huge chunks of steel, but I can't think of many bikes that weigh that much more than me, and I am not a big guy.
Wanna bet my heritage softtail or goldwing weigh alot more than you. I rode with the goldwing roadriders for a bunch of years and we gave alot of clinics and safety courses to anyone who wanted. We had one couple who rode to Alaska from Florida 2 up, she was 56 years old and 107 lbs. We gently laid her hubbys goldwing 1500 se down and demostrated how to get it back up, she did it first shot and thats a 790lb dry weight bike. Weezl is right you walk them up backwards.:icon_thumby:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
85 yamaha virago xv1000, 600lbs i can't lift either wheel off the ground, and i can squat 200+lbs, i can get the rear wheel ALMOST off the ground, and i can slide it sideways, but not clear off

ok guys the bike i have is a 1980 Kawisaki 550LTD http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_z_550_ltd_1980.php

the reason i have issues picking things up is im disabled and my right arm isnt a big help as i caint use full control of the nerves in it.

right now the bikes im looking at are in the 250CC type. im aiming for a street bike or a Endro or a motard type bike
fair enough, like i said though, you would be surprised what you can stand up... get a friend to help you lay it down gently, then try to pick it up using this method...

i would try it before i put your bike for sale

Wanna bet my heritage softtail or goldwing weigh alot more than you. I rode with the goldwing roadriders for a bunch of years and we gave alot of clinics and safety courses to anyone who wanted. We had one couple who rode to Alaska from Florida 2 up, she was 56 years old and 107 lbs. We gently laid her hubbys goldwing 1500 se down and demostrated how to get it back up, she did it first shot and thats a 790lb dry weight bike. Weezl is right you walk them up backwards.:icon_thumby:
agreed, some full dress harlies are like 800+lbs

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
fair enough, like i said though, you would be surprised what you can stand up... get a friend to help you lay it down gently, then try to pick it up using this method...

Is this chick available for training? I'd like to get another bike but would like to learn this method of picking it up.

mn_smokeater, any luck finding street legal 250 Enduros? I've seen a few on MSP CL, might want to check there. If you find any decent deals let me know, I'd like to pick up an Enduro also.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is this chick available for training? I'd like to get another bike but would like to learn this method of picking it up.

mn_smokeater, any luck finding street legal 250 Enduros? I've seen a few on MSP CL, might want to check there. If you find any decent deals let me know, I'd like to pick up an Enduro also.
She is in and put the bike in a position to walk it right up easy peasy. Trick is to not go ass over tea kettle once you have a 1000 lb full dressed and loaded scoot up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals