• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with gettin info.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
So bordem took over today and started tryin to find some info on my truck(mainley what gears and such). So I looked at the sticker on the door but seen my door has been changed befor. and no tag on the rear so Is there any way to get this info thro my vin number?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
So bordem took over today and started tryin to find some info on my truck(mainley what gears and such). So I looked at the sticker on the door but seen my door has been changed befor. and no tag on the rear so Is there any way to get this info thro my vin number?
I'm pretty sure the dealer can tell you anything off of the VIN. There are some Ford Techs on here that can tell you just how detailed. But I think the VIN tells all at the dealer.

However, if you just want the gears then this link should get you where you're going:

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html

EDIT: You will have to read the tag on the rear diff. The link shows an example in the top pic.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
To find the rear ratio, put the vehicle in neutral and mark one tire with chalk and a piece of tape on the bedside above the mark. Jack up the rear after blocking the front tires and bring a friend. Spin the tire opposite to the marked tire slowly. How ever much it rotates past the tape, is the ratio.
Example, 3 turns past the tape and about 3/4 of a revolution nearing the tape, most likely is a 3.73. Not exact science, but just compare it to a list of ratios the truck came with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals