• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Sub Ideas/Suggestions

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
my brother is getting me this amp for christmas...http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21954_Kicker-ZX400.1-10ZX400.1.html

it is 400w rms @ 2ohms or
200w at 4ohms

id like to run it at 2ohms to get max power..

Im looking at some wiriing diagrams and they are kind of confusing specfically this one..

if i run my amp at 2ohms it says i need a sub with 4ohm voice coils assuming i want DVC. which most of the kicker subs have DVC so now im confused as to which sub i need to get, im open to kicker, alpine, *maybe* pioneer but id like to go exotic. like a kicker solo baric, but the new models are all at like 600rms now to where they were at like 400rms.

i want to run a set up like this, i can make the box...

what do you guys think??

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
if i read crutchfield right, the 4ohm sub wired as pictured above will present the amp with a 2ohm load producing the 400rms, so the sub will be outputting 400rms, so basically i need to be looking for a 4ohm DVC or a 2ohm SVC rated at 400rms correct?

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes that is correct

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
CLICKY that guy right there. those are AWESOME they sound amazing. my dad has 2 of the 10"s on a 1k rms rockford fosgate amp for like a year and they just keep taking a beating

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
CLICKY that guy right there. those are AWESOME they sound amazing. my dad has 2 of the 10"s on a 1k rms rockford fosgate amp for like a year and they just keep taking a beating
those look good, but they dont max out my system, im trying to max it out here, put my friends to shame,

iv found this sub, its rated at 450rms but the kicker amp is supposedly under rated and will put out above 450rms they're sent with a certificate with the rms output on it.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5103058/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046/

and its 4ohm so wired to a 2ohm amp i should be right where i need to be.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
dude... that "300"rms is soooo underated. for a while i had 2 of the 10"s on a 1500d sundown amp before it got stolen and it put ALL the systems to shame around my area

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals