• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new sub

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 2002 ext cab ranger, i have (1) 12" alpine type R subwoofer, with a custom built ported and tuned enclosure (by al and eds autosound) with the sub and port facing down, i have a kenwood 1800 watt single channel amp with built in crossover.

I HATE HOW THIS SETUP SOUNDS!

its been through rounds of tuning by me and the stereo shop.
basically the lows are not deep enough, and the higher up sounds are... "rattly"
i got a large best buy gift card so id prefer to buy from there but i want to know what could be a better sub for what i want. basically the lows are not deep enough, and the higher up sounds are... "rattly"
this sub hits very hard, and is very loud, but id rather have deep low bass.
im looking at an infinty kappa sub any suggestions?

PFM99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you want it to hit lower when looking for subs look for a low fs. I truthfully dont think bestbuy sells any subs that you would really be happy with

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
if u wanna get deep lows go with a 15" kicker comp or a 18" kicker solox the solox ar 2000 a peice the comps are 200 a peice

PFM99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
some adive as well stay away from anything with a plastic cone like those kickers you might wana check out Treo or Audioque Sundown if it was up to me ild find a used Adire audio Brahma might be a little hard to find but if always really liked how they sounded

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals