• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help please!, installing new headunit!

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
so i got a new headunit for xmas, just a jvc one, but it has a remote! but the problem is a bought the wiring kit from canadian tire for 94 and up ford vehicles, but it doesnt fit properly, it doesnt clip into the factory wiring. it says it doesnt work with factory amplified sound systems? i dont think mine was? truck in question is a 2007 fx4 lv2, please help! is there a diff wiring harness??

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
1994 Ford vehicles used a much different style plug than 2007 ones. I don't know which year they switched, all I know is my 06 uses a completely different plug than my 94, and my buddy's 98 uses the same plug as my 06. You got the wrong adaptor.

Do you have two seperate plugs coming out of the dash or just one? If you have two, then you have a factory amplifier, which complicates things.

Last edited:

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You need model number EFD21F if you don't have premium sound. EFD106F if you have premium sound. It should also list your truck on the back of the packaging for the specific vehicles it works on.

(I got those model numbers of my dash install kit that I bought from Canadian Tire, I dont have the wiring harness package any more. They're both made by the same company.)

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
yes i do have 2 plugs, but ones just for the aux input which i dont need. the package i got says it work upto 2007 rangers, but "not ones with a factory amplifier" whatever that means, ill look for the other part opposite part number you gave me there i cant remember which i have now, and its too cold to run out to the truck and check. im goin to canadian tire after work ill keep everyone posted...i talk to a bestbuy guy on the phone he assured me they had it aswell but its a 20min drive out of my way and im not too sure he knew what he was talking about anyways. thanks for now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals