• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New audio?

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
alright so ive saved up a little cash. now i want like a clear dirrect plan as to what i should do. last night we partied for my birthday and i blew out my speakers. so i need new ones lol suggestions for speakers are needed. also amp selection. i have a deck and i can build my own box. wiring suggestions maybe? im considering heavier gage wire the whole way through the truck. lemme know what your thoughts are my friends. also considering just speakers in my mud truck. its a 92 f250 custom. looking for purely volume in that beast though. thought n comments guys lemme know what you got.

DTF

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I have 2 12" Rockfords. Never had any problems and have pushed them hard. Blown speakers happen many times from distortion and a lack of power. I recomend getting a more powerfull amp than you need. JL Audio makes good stuff too. My amp is a JL Audio. 8 AWG power and ground should be big enough. Most wiring kits come with this size. Also get a gold plated + batt terminal if you haven't already.

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
sounds like a start to me. what brands of speakers? and i drive a regular cab. i should have stated that. im thinkin two 12's slim design, by whoever makes em, and then 4 speakers amped up.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i'm more than happy w/ my setup...

pioneer mvh8200bt headunit
memphis pr mids/highs
streetedge tweeters
kenwood 525 amp 4 channel amp
kicker 750 watt class d mono amp
10" dvc kicker cvr in custom box

yes, single 10" sub and it'll get loud enough w/ enough bass you won't sit inside my truck. now if you wanted more bass, sure you need more system... however, i look for GREAT quality and full range of music... i don't care about other people hearing my music, i'd rather have great quality inside my truck (or outside if i turn it up) than just have bass...

as for wiring; do it RIGHT. heavy wires. shielded rca's ran on the opposite side from your power wires... ground everything, fuse everything.. do it right.

if you want thin subs.. use the pioneer or kicker ones. remember you get what you pay for.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
In my signature there is a link to my set up, Things that go bump bump. The only change was that I went with a L3 instead of L7 due to cost and the 'right here right now' factor. I prefer Kicker but to each their own. Happy reading.

PFM99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Figure out how much mounting depth you actuly have at the shop we used to use those shallow mount subs but fianly figured out there mostly trash you can usualy fit some regular subs back there say 2 or 4 8s mabies 2 10s if you can angle things just right depending on your price ild looks into audioque sdc2 the 8s are 4 inch and the 10s are 4.75 deep

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals