• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2009 Toyota Tacoma build

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
So it's been a very long time since I've been on TRS. I had a 2010 Ranger that I traded for a 09 Tacoma.

This was the Ranger
trs by k.strong89, on Flickr

Back in November 2012 I traded it for my Tacoma and heres the build for it.

The day I took it home.

I kept if bone stock for a few months till I got around to installing my CB

It sat that way for the longest time. I did paint the chrome grill but it started to flake apart from the Calgary winter.

Then in Sept 2014 I picked up some 265/75/16 Duratracs for it along with ditch lights and mounts
trs1 by k.strong89, on Flickr

Then in January 2015 I impulse bought an ARB bumper

Around the same time I got the bumper I replaced my CB with a Cobra 29XLBT. At some unknown time during my build I also got a Core/Hurst short throw shifter.

Heres my light switch setup, I have my old KC Daylighters on the bumper

Then in Feb I moved back home to Nova Scotia from Alberta and bought some Fox 2.0 rear shocks

I picked up a TRD front skidplate in March I believe and ordered a 3" Pro Comp lift

Beginning of May it was finally warm enough to install the lift so we go that in. a few weeks ago I went to town with plastidip and did the rims and all the badges and the grill

I recently picked up some 35s for a steal of a price $250 for all 4 with jeep rims.

In order to fit those tires you have to do a lot of cutting which is where I am at now. Yesterday we pulled the flares and cut the fenders by 3" now I have to cut the flares and my cab mounts. Then get the tires mounted on my rims and I'll be good to go.
Tapped up building up the nerve to make the first cut

This is how she looks now
20150607_095113 by k.strong89, on Flickr

Last edited:

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are those Dodge tow mirrors?

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Yes and no. Theyre made from a company called pro efx and are designed around the dodge style but are yhe exact same but for a tacoma.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals