• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy with some questions

willythompson

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
First off let me introduce my self, Willy Thompson. My Son and I part out Miatas, and my expertise lies there. My racing partner and I acquired a lemons car that has a ranger 2.3 in it. The motor has been mated to a t-5 and we have won our b class 2 times and are now bumped in to the a class with our little 2.3

These questions are very rudimentary I am sure, but hoping to pick the brains of you folks in the know ;)

On one particularly hot weekend we cracked a head in the car, we since have gotten a head rebuilt at our machine shop with a mild cam and roller rockers. We would like to carry with us a spare head and possibly motor to the track. I was able to get an aswesome deal on a motor/trans out of a 79 pinto which I assume the bottom end is the same as ours (I believe ours was from an 88 or 89 ranger) I am certain the head is different.

The question is does anyone know if the pinto head will mate with our exhaust? Or is that just stupid talk lol And where and how would I go about finding a spare head like what we have? I am in no way an expert, but I think we have a d head, please tell me if I am mistaken.

fwiw the 4 speed trans I got with the pinto motor does us no good, and if anyone could use it or maybe even trade towards a head that would be cool

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

willythompson

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals