• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wont Start!!!

Rascal32xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1994 Ranger 2.3l, and the other day i was trying to locate the oxygen sensor wire that enters the PCM and after trying for a few minutes to get off the clipped plastic covering of the PCM i gave up. Ever since that day I have been having problems with my truck starting, sometimes it will just click like the starter is bad and other times it will crank over but there is no spark or fuel. After wiggling wires around at the pcm, and pulling out fuses and cleaning them the car will eventually start. I am just wondering what is going on here? This doesnt happen all the time just once out of every 10 starts!! HELP!

Thank you!
:yahoo:

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
im having similar problems. my truck turned off going down the road today and wont start again. it turns but wont actually fire up. if you find a solution to this please help me out.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
See if the battery is securely held down and the small ground wire to the radiator support is intact.

Check for the fuel pump running for 2 seconds every time you turn the key to Run (not crank) from Off.

If you have that, confirm you have spark. I use a spare spark plug for that.

While you are under there, pry back the timing belt cover and verify the belt hasn't snapped (2.3 only).

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
check that the crank angle sensor is connected.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals