• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Parts For CB Antenna mount

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have an extended cab or regular cab? On the extended cabs, there are grommets on the floor of the cab, right behind the doors. I ran my coax through one of those. The wire goes up through the floor behind the interior panels. I don't know why everyone always thinks it has to go through the firewall.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
So anyways, yes I do have the extended cab, but on the unfortunate side, my old cb died so I've been looking at new radios. But I haven't really had the time to get it all set and done.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Any particular reason why you put the antenna on the drivers side? I always stick mine on the passenger side so as to give my longest range to the like 11 o'clock position when you're sitting in the drivers seat, thus I have my best reach for talking to oncoming traffic on the highway.

Just a thought.

I do like that mount though. Years ago I was working on fabbing something similar for my Ranger and never quite completed it. Might have to snag one of those though when I get my Ranger back together. Either that or complete my original project, lol.

I put a spring on my F-150's mount because I have a 4' center-load steel whip attached to the top of the ladder rack. My BIIs I just use a 104" stainless whip attached right to the spare tire carrier, no spring (they wave around enough as it is, lol).

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
It gets wavey with the spring lol.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
For DD, i don't use a spring. Mastuh, you could try a Uniden XL520. The reason I say that is because they are one of the best bang for you buck radios under $50 (almost every website rates it as such, and has customer reviews). It's better than the 510 because it has a squelch on it, too. Plus, I have it, and it does its business well.

Exbass, I guess it just happens out of habit and routine. I have everything else coming through the firewall, so it's all in one place, and I don't have to remove my too many components to run it underneath the carpet. So many stray wires bothers me. Also, by going through the firewall, the coax is not allowed to coil up or have excessive wire lounging around.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
For DD, i don't use a spring. Mastuh, you could try a Uniden XL520. The reason I say that is because they are one of the best bang for you buck radios under $50 (almost every website rates it as such, and has customer reviews). It's better than the 510 because it has a squelch on it, too. Plus, I have it, and it does its business well.

Exbass, I guess it just happens out of habit and routine. I have everything else coming through the firewall, so it's all in one place, and I don't have to remove my too many components to run it underneath the carpet. So many stray wires bothers me. Also, by going through the firewall, the coax is not allowed to coil up or have excessive wire lounging around.
Yeah, I'd rather not have it get all coiled and possible chance it shorting out. But I can run it up behind my dash and out to my radio on top of it. I was looking at those Unidens, but I don't need anything super amazing, I was dissapointed my old one died, it was only about 30 years old....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals