• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to mount 5.0 pcm and wiring in 94?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Alright guys so I'm under taking the ol' 5.0 swap in my 94 xlt 4.0 2wd . I bought a whole 96 Eb 5.0 awd explorer $1050 . I'm converting the 4r70/aode to 2wd up here at work ( Aamco transmissions) so with that . I cut the harness that feeds the gauges down by the 4 connectors so I have enough to run for that . Now I'm trying to figure out where I should mount the pcm . Are most guys just extending all 100 plus wires alway to the stock location in the kick panel inside . I was thinking about trying to mount it in the firewall cowl like the explorer but don't seem to be room for that maybe .
Also I've been searching for ever for a wiring diagram to go from the 94 dash to 96 wiring and what needs to be wired up to get this bad boy going . I've done joined ranger and explorer forums digging around for all my info . Pretty much got the whole swap done in my head and dry erase board lol . Any wiring info knowledge is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals