• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1990 BRII Auto 4WD Cam??

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good day to all. I have a 1990 BR II 4WD Auto Lock Hubs Dana 25. I am having big time issues. First...In image I found online (AutoZone site), the parts between Hub and Cam assembly are not matching up to the way it was all put together on the BR II I am working on. I am also having issues with getting the "cam assembly" back on the spindle. I have the mold "key" part of the interior lined up with slot and still cannot get it to go back on. It was a tad snug when I pulled it off but I did pull it off originally...with little effort. Is there a trick or a special tool?

Thanks to any and all help. Up to my eyeballs in grease and frustration. :icon_confused:

Okay...It is now Monday and BRII is still on jackstands. I have tried "tapping", pushing thos "am assemblies" back on and to no avail. Darn torque wrench from auto Z is not working so I am not even sure how much drag should be on rotors when turn after I tightened nut down to seat bearings. I backed off a quarter of a turn but just have no idea. Hitch hiking it to work. Will check back this afternoon.

Last edited:

integman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
did u ever figure out how it goes back on? im stuck on the same thing and need help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals