• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 XLT Billet Grille Help?

Dilski

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody? I cant tell by installed pictures if the grill was the same as mine before the install :dntknw:

phatcap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
yeah, it was the same. i have a 2000 and i'm looking to do a billet type grille that requires cutting the middle piece out. i was kinda wondering the same thing. how do they get it to look so smooth? looking at mine, it seems like it would be hard to make it look good because of the curvature of it. i need to know what kind of cutting tool or method would work best and the best way to cover it up.

phatcap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
anyone with a 4th gen. and a billet grille?

i know you're out there. i saw in the lmc truck catalog (rip-off btw) where you can get the grille shell (with the horizontal middle piece cut out) and billet grille already installed in it, but way too pricey. anyone have any tips on cutting and refinishing? please let me know...

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heres what I did leaving the two vertical center peices in just using a dremel to cut out all the crap from the back. The insert is now just riveted to the stock peice.

bobbie58

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
my grille inserts

this is my grille inserts on my 2000 xlt ranger im waiting on a new grille shell I will use my dermel to clean up the cuts and my chrome wasn't that good and installed a new black bumper I want to paint the same color as the body

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals