• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Airbag Code 33 1997 Ranger Solved 1 Driver side airbag

robot1102

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Of course I can fix it...
Hello Rangers,

For about 4 years now my airbag light has been throwing a 33 code and I could not find the answer. Finally I figured it out! Code 33 according to everything you read about the 97 ford ranger will say seat belt tensioner (I even called the dealer and they looked in a old tyme book). It is NOT the tensioner as the 97 does not have one. I have 1 driver side airbag in the truck and that is it.The passenger side is just a cover and a space underneath and no bag. There is a resister on the back of this passenger side airbag cover. Disconnect battery wait 5 mins then clean that resister and boom that 33 airbag code should go away. You may need to replace it but mine just needed cleaning.

Good luck out there!

Rob

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals