• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cluster Illumination, part failure

riverrunnernky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cluster Illumination, 1/2 failure

1994 XLT inst cluster left half fails to light

I have pulled this cluster twice and I don't see why it has this issue. Replaced all bulbs. No obvious burns on the circuitry.

I drive this truck everywhere, and much at night, I must turn on the overhead light to keep up with the gas gauge.

Changing the cluster is an issue all its own, as it seems the 93-94 are only compatible. And mine has the tack.

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
In 1994 all 5 of the dash light bulbs use the same power source, Light Blue/red stripe wire, 3rd wire over on connector A(fuse 13)

No Series wiring so a burned out bulb wouldn't effect any other bulb

And each bulb also uses the same Ground wire, Connector B 1st wire Black

I would pull out the cluster again and use an OHM meter to test the unworking bulb sockets to Power-3rd wire and Ground-1st wire, then jumper to working socket as needed.

If the two effected bulbs are near each other then could be that just one Trace on the circuit board is bad, either the 12v or the Ground, so one jumper could fix both

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals