• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1984 B2 side windows

Sean's84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,
I'm planning to remove the side glass in my '84 Bronco II in the next month or so.
My roof developed severe rust along the edge that meets the hatch and the rear hatch (which was pretty crunched already) basically fell off. So I'm going to chop the roof behind the front seats. This vehicle will be be my farm truck and beach cruiser toy so I'm not concerned about that part of it.

My question is, do these windows have much or any value as parts? I did some internet searches and didn't come across much. I thought I'd seen somewhere they were no longer being produced and were hard to find.

Since this is an early version I have the glued in windows and they are going to be a PITA to remove. I'm not particularly concerned about breaking them, but if there is any kind of demand here or anywhere, I'll try extra hard to get them out whole.

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
The older glue-in style are much easier to remove than the bolted style. I use an old guitar string to slice thru the goop.

Value? I have several sets of both types and despite regular advertising have never had any responses. Several years ago one could peddle a set for several hundred FUSA bux but I think that ship has sailed. :dntknw:

Sean's84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the reply!
If I can get them out whole I'll probably keep them for a while since I have the space, but I agree most of these rigs are probably long gone by now. I'm out in Cali and I've seen exactly 3 others on the road in the last year or two.

dang, the guitar string is the perfect thing I've been searching for. I tried some standard farm wire and even some 200# spectra tuna line and neither got me more than an inch or so before breaking. Guitar string with wrapped wire sounds like the perfect tool. Much appreciated!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have several sets of both types and despite regular advertising have never had any responses.
How do you have several sets of both types? I'm looking to get a set or at least one and I couldn't find anything reasonably priced.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
"I" would keep them because you never know!

Many times I keep things just so I can give them to other people, not that I ever will use them. I have a very rare right rear side window for a shorty 1978 E-100/150 van, that I tried to sell for a couple of years for $25. No takers so far, the only reason I have not shot a BB through it is I know for someone to replace it would be near impossible. Even though I have a right and left replacement window in my storage space, I am still driving around with a sheet metal window on the driver's side on my B2.

You might be able to sell the windows if you were able to reach a buyer in time of need. But, I would count that timing as an extremely small chance. If you are sure you will never buy another B2, I would just give them away or toss them if you do not have a lot of storage space.

Though I did keep a dog house (maybe from 10 years ago) from a 1978 E-100 and it just so happens I might look at a 1977 E-150 today, to buy it, needs one .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals