• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A quad and a harley

stlboarder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can you guys think of anyway for me to fit my quad and harley in the bed of my truck? I'm moving back to Phoenix and don't want to have to get a trailer.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
that aint happening man

irishblessing

not in a short bed the closest way you could do it in a long bed would be have the front 2 wheels of the quad rest on top of the cab of the truck and the harley sideways in the bed but your not going to be able to fit both in a ranger

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
It can happen! the only thing you have to do is cut the bikes in halve and presto! Good Luck!

michowski

Reaction score
Never going to happen. Harley is to long and WILL sit on the tailgate which is a big no for the bikes safety. The quad should be a perfect fit from front to back of the bed.

4byRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 turbo
Transmission
Manual
can someone drive the truck with the quad, so YOU can ride the harley!?!? eehhhe

sounds kinds smart

4byRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 turbo
Transmission
Manual

michowski

Reaction score
Heres a raptor 660 in my truck. As you can see there is zero room for anything else lol.

stlboarder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I know the quad fits by itself. I have a raptor 700. I was thinking maybe someone had some sort of tetris voodoo they could figure out.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I know the quad fits by itself. I have a raptor 700. I was thinking maybe someone had some sort of tetris voodoo they could figure out.
hahahaha tetris voodoo, thats awesome. any way iv seen a quad on the roof of a civic? one time, funniest thing ever, but thad be the only way to do it, if you didnt bottom out on the quad gettin it on the roof.

stlboarder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Is there anyway to extend my bed any?

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
I've seen some fairly sturdy looking 4x4 or 6x6 lumber and plywood extensions. They braced the front of the 4x4's from the floor up to the underside of the bed rail at each of the four corners to keep it from flopping and had it bolted through the stake holes so it couldn't slide out. Put trusses throughout for strength. Placed lag bolts with eyehooks and washers to tie everything down and ta-da! they could haul an extra quad to the track without too much fuss. This was on an F-150 though so really now that I've written all this I realized that you'd have close to/over 1,000lbs in the bed of a ranger with prolly 70"/400lbs(raptor?) hanging behind the bumper:icon_surprised: Most likely bottom it out anyway no matter how you got both machines mounted onto/into/through your truck:sad: So most likely a trailers gotta happen. Also too, I don't know if I'd trust my baby to lumber hanging out over the asphalt on the open road but hey it worked for them I saw them year after year at a local MX track. Good Luck!

stlboarder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to be adding airbags before I leave. So the weight isn't an issue to me. I was thinking of making some kind of extension with some 2" square tubing. Does anyone have any thoughts?

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Same priciple. Just make sure you brace it good cause it'll be under alot of stress, if you have a reciever hitch you could incorporate a brace into it also then have a removeable heavy duty bed extender! With extensions tying it into the bed somehow(longer bolts bolting it through the bed mounting locations (at least 2 to be positive 4)? (hmmm interesting, I like that idea) and then mounting it to a receiver hitch that would be pretty sweet honestly. If you pull it off make sure you post some pics of your creation!

Last edited:

stlboarder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Since it hangs over do I need to tie a warning flag on the end? Legally I mean.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals