• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1985 2.3l efi

swingjunkie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Installing new injectors and cleaning the EGR port

Need torque specs for reasembly
1) Upper intake to lowere intake
2) throttle body to upper intake
3) EGR valve to upper intake

Cheers
Carl

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Howdy Carl,

I couldn't find my Haynes manual that lists the torque spec and I thought there was a document in the Tech Articles section (look at the menu near the top) under the engine section...but couldn't find one...

If you can find a haynes manual it will have them...or many others...but if I recall these were all tightened to inch/pounds...I know this because it meant I had to go out and buy another torque wrench because mine was in foot/pounds...but I think you can get away with tighten till tight and another 1/8" if it will go...

These are aluminum and usually can't take too much torque...

Mikel89us

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L (2.5L soon)
Transmission
Manual
Tight with a 1/4" ratchet.. Lol thats how I do it. The only three things I torque to spec are head, Mai and rod bolts..

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
If you went to 10ft/lb you would be safe, IMO. I have not used a torque wrench on intakes except on 390's[cork @front & rear] and 3.0 duratec[plastic manifolds].
I have removed & replaced the throttle body a few times to R&R the cam cover gasquet and have yet to replace the TB gasket. I just push it in place, and wiggle until I can feel it fit into the 'old spot or grooves' that it came from. Seems to be working ok... The bolts have a 12-pt head I think on my 85 at least, and I just happened to have a socket of the proper size that was also a 12 pt.
In short, these torque values are flat surface to flat surface with black paper gaskets that are not deformed too much by the installation. Head gaskets, in most cases, need to seal against a lot more pressure and coolant & oil passages, and additionally, take care of the expansion of the head & block from temp. These are pretty much the same, flat, with very low pressure differential so are not as touchy.
tom

swingjunkie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for your advice on this. COmmon sense tells me how much I can tighten things, but I always like to check if there are torque specs and match those.

Rykilla303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm with the others... "feel it out" but here are the two I found. Source: nos chiltons, from when they were still good.

1. 15-22 ft. lbs
2. 12-15 or 15 to 25 on the dual plug motor
3. Couldn't find. I'd keep it around 15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals