• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clear seat swap

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
So the bench seat in my 93 ranger is definitely past needing replacement. It's just a simple regular cab gas saver so I don't want to drop a ton of money into it but I think it's time. I have been searching on the forums and was wondering what seats will directly bolt into the truck. A junk yard up the road has two early 2000s ranger splash trucks with nice bucket seats however I don't know if they are interchangeable with out fabrication. I am also 6,4 and 215lbs so space is important.

hank857

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put buckets from a 01 explorer in my 94 with no issue well 1 had to make an extension for the seat belt hookup but that was it. look in the tech section on this site they have a lot of info there. Dont know about the newer newer as I dont know if the cab itself was actually changed, just the front clip.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
On Regular cabs you have to watch the height and thickness of the bucket seat's backrest

I am also 6'4" and need the slide back room for my legs and the Lean back on the seat back for my arms and head room
You can usually slide it back all the way but then seat backrest is pushed forward because it hits the back of cab/window, which is not an issue with extended cab models.

Take a tape measure to check if those buckets at the wrecking yard will hit the back of your cab

What seats bolt in is found in this section: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index-interior-electronics.shtml

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Whatever you get, you're going to need to acquire seat tracks from a truck that had a split bench.

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
A friend has a parts 91 extended cab with a 40/60 bench that's in better condition. I was thinking about grabbing it as well as the gauge cluster(his has a tach) and some other misc parts. What do you need to remove the seats? T55 torx bit and basic wrenches?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As someone who is 6'-3"... nothing is better than a solid bench for legroom.

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
The issue is the factory bench seat is way past done. I tried pulling a 60/40 bench out of a 91 extended cab however the mounting brackets are majorly different from the bench.

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I scored a 60/40 seat out of edge seats out of a 02 regular cab today for $50. They bolt in with no issues and do sit slightly higher then the bench seat did. I knew I needed the seat belts as well but I broke my T55 bit off trying to get them out. If I can I might grab the floor liner the next time I go out to replace mine.

The seats work for now but I did notice you have a good bit of space under the seat. It may be possible to cut and weld the brackets to make the seats sit 2-3 inches lower.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals