• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2 Sunroof

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im curious if anyone has modded a sunroof into there B2 that doesnt have a sunroof installed already. What goes into it besides the cutting of a rather large hole obviously, what was your donor vehichle? would a sunroof out of any vehichle work as long as you cut the hole right? Is it openable or just stationary( if you get one out of a b2 that had the option)?

gpmacdaddy54

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine in my 2000 Ranger is out of my old 1991 Expolrer

stimmie78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Back in 1997-98 I put a sunroof in a 1983 2wd Toyota truck I had. I purchased a universal sunroof from Auto Value parts store. I grew up doing HVAC so cutting tin was not problem to me. All the naysayers said it would leak and I'd mess up. I never had one leak in the thing and loved it. I can't remember the cost though. Come to think of it... maybe I need one for my BII now...

retrorich77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
The Factory sunroof from a Navajo/Explorer might fit, i think the rooflines are different though.

But like the guy above me said, You can always get a universal one, and just do the work yourself. Just gotta do it carefully.

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you could just be like bam margerra and cut a hole in the top of your shit with a sawzall and leave it open. but on a more serious note, mine was done using a universal sunroof and was installed at a ziebart store... it doesn't leak around the hole in the roof, but where the glass seals down its starting to get old and not seal up very well

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put one in my 87 BII from a 93 Explorer. Once you get all the parts, inner and outer frames, seal and glass from the donor make a pattern from the hole in the donor's roof and take good measurements. Once I had all that I marked the roof were I wanted it and cut out the sheetmetal with a cutoff wheel and a jugsaw. Oh and I had the headliner out of the truck at that time. The roof lines are different but gen 2 BIIs did come with sunroofs and the factory used plastic blocks at the back to fill in the channel. I did not liike that look so I cut the section out of the removed metal that had the factory stamped runner ends that smoothly terminated the runners, I welded them into the roof and that gave me a solid landing for the outer frame on the sunroof, no leaks so far after 3 years and the -50 winters up here. Honestly the hardest part was routing the drain tubes through the A and B pillars, espcially since I had filled them up with canned foam sealant before deciding to fix the rust in my roof this way:bawling:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals