• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is this d28 or d35

87xjmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual

Those are the best pics I have. Any idea if the frames on an 88 ranger and 93 expo are the same widths? And any idea if the rad arms from a d28 will bolt up to d35?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Looks like a 35 in that picture. Count the holes. A 35 has 10 bolts to hold the diff to the beam, a 28 has 12. I know that sounds backwards, it is not.

A 35 can be bolted directly into the place of a 28, doesn't matter what it came out of. The arms are supposed to bolt up as well. IIRC Brinker88 used d-28 arms to build his extended ones for his super-flex 35. The biggest difference I know of is how the shock mounts to the arm. One is a pin with a nut, one is a bolt that goes into the arm.

87xjmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Awesome thanks a bunch! Looks like I'll be starting my expo build thread sooner rather than later...

87xjmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Fack he just said they have 12 bolts.
:( as long as the arms bolt up I'll still go with it.
One more question, he Said the x-member was bolted to an auto aod behind a 4.0, I have a manual, any idea if the tranny mnts are different for the manuals?

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
It would have been a A4LD, not an AOD, but I believe the crossmember is the same and in the same location between the M5OD and A4LD.

Yes, the radius arms and such will work, you might be able to sell the beams to someone that needs rotors or steering components

87xjmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Cool thanks i brought it all home tonight and it's all camburg stuff....paid 300$ so I'm pretty stoked on it. Will have some extended 28's with fresh BJ'S and bushings for sale in the FS section soon.... $50 is likely fair.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals