• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electrical issues: backup light and 4 way flashers?

martinjmpr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK, I posted this in another forum but have yet to get any responses....trying it here in the hopes that maybe there are more people reading it.

I bought my new-to-me 1996 B2300 in September. At the time I bought it, everything seemed to work OK but there were a few things I didn't check that are now coming back to bite me in the a$$.

First issue: Back up lights don't work and haven't since I got the truck. Checked the bulbs and they're OK, then checked the fuse (#26 according to the manual) and it's OK too. All other tail light functions work (tail lights, turn signals, brake lights.)

My first thought was that it must be the back up light switch on the transmission. Unfortunately between work and the weather, I just haven't had the opportunity to pull the switch off the transmission to see if I can swap it out and make the light work.

But then the second issue came up: 4 way flashers don't work. For some reason, I never checked out the 4 way flashers (emergency flashers) on my B2300 before I bought it. Come to find now, they don't work at all.

However, the turn signals work fine (front, rear and inside indicators), so it's not the flasher unit.

Wondering if this might be related to my back up lights not working?

Is there a relay that controls both the backup lights and the 4 way flashers?

For reference, the vehicles is a 1996 Mazda B2300 SE model, 2.3 4 cyl, 5 speed manual, 2wd.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals