• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

all gauges stop working.

lodden758

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi all, I blew the tail light fuse last week found that had a bad wire to them, after i got the wire fixed and the fuses to stop blowing, found out all my gauges stoped working battery gauge pegged right out to not charging and all other gauges stopped in the middle in the the normal area and the gas gauge stopped at 1/2 tank. any help would be great.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I believe the 89 still had the voltage regulator on the back of the guage cluster. That is a strange one disconnect the battery neg post and see if the guages drop to zero and the amp guage goes to center?

lodden758

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
disconnected the neg post gauges stay in same spots.

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not sure what to say about any of that. i had a wierd encounter with my tach and speedometer in my 92. the tach was always just everywhere and whenever i would first start it when it was cold outside the speedo needle would go all the way to 85 and the drop back down to zero. never figured that one out either. you might just need a new gauge cluster. try pulling it and pulling the gauges apart and checking them out?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals