Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Misc Electrical & Gauges

Misc Electrical & Gauges Post your speedometer, gauges, interior and non audio/video questions here.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #21
Ranger SVO

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
Ranger SVO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by modorney View Post
Or is there one that makes use of the drive by wire and sends an electrical signal?

Thanks, by the way, for a great forum!
Yes there is

You need to contact the people at The Cruise Control Store. They can help you with your 2010 Ranger. Talk to Michael

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Ranger SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #22
modorney

Vehicle Year: 2010
Vehicle Model: Ranger Supercab
modorney is on a distinguished road

> You need to contact the people at The Cruise Control Store.

I did. And I got hooked up with Anthony Pappas at Pro-Tech Mobile Electronics.

Pro-Tech Mobile Electronics
Box 690714
Stockton, CA 95269
209-957-4016

First of all, Anthony is the greatest!

Second, don't let the Stockton address scare you. He works out of a super-equipped van, and he'll go anywhere. He has a regular weekly gig in Fremont and can fit you in along that route.

Anthony installed a cruise control on my 2010 Ranger and it works great. I have a mechanical system (not drive by wire) and checked it out today. Two or three times a month, I work overtime in Richmond, and I take a shortcut road to get there. This two (and a little four) lane road has speed limits like 40-45-35-30-45-50-45-40-25. Nine speed changes in ten miles. And lots of speed traps. Cruise control makes this a breeze - it works swimmingly! No hunting, and follows the hills nicely.

I do notice a bit of hunting at 65 or so, but I can live with that - I think the gain may be too sensitive? But the 25 to 50 control is great and, if I have to have one or the other, I'll take what I've got.

A great job!
modorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
ronclark
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super
I use this vehicle for: Weekend driving
ronclark has a spectacular aura aboutronclark has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ronclark Send a message via Yahoo to ronclark

I been wanting to add cruise control.
I want it to look factory, so can the aftermarket be tied into the factory buttons?
Or should I just spend time pulling parts and just swap it in?
Not sure how hard a swap will be since its a 87 with a 4.0L
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
slipshift

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily driver
slipshift will become famous soon enough

I'm in the process of adding an Audiovox vacuum cruise control to my ranger. I looked at the electronic cruise but am more familiar with the vacuum one. On my '94 Tempo I ran one one for about 60,000 miles with zero problems. With a 4 cyl. you really do need a vacuum tank and the ideal sized one can be made with an empty propane cylinder with a vacuum hose barb epoxied in place. You also need a vacuum stop valve between the vacuum source and tank.
slipshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #25
rdm21740

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Mazda
Vehicle Model: B4000
I use this vehicle for: go to work an back
rdm21740 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2000 Mazda b4000 Troy lee edition. I have factory cruise but it hasn't worked since I got the truck in 2012 with 234k miles. Is there a kit that uses the factory controls or can I adapt an aftermarket kit to use the factory controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
rdm21740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #26
illesg

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
illesg is on a distinguished road
Default Connector information and LED brake light fix

I don't know if this kind of info was previously posted, but it was so useful I thought I'd throw it in.

LED brake lights - - these will KILL the cruise control. Reason is, the LED's do not provide the low-resistance path to ground needed by the circuit behind the brake-light input. I found this out by measuring pin-6 on my servo connector, and it was 6V instead of zero. (should be 0V with brake pedal released, 12V with brake pedal depressed)

I solved the problem with a 25-watt 20-ohm resistor, wired from the brake light bulb hot wire to ground.

Servo Connector - - this is the 10-pin (8 wires used) connector on the servo body. This connector has all the information needed to identify a cruise control problem, and all you need is a multi-meter and a wire-piercing probe. I was able to check out the function of the steering wheel switches, brake pedal, and VSS in just a few minutes.

Wiring Diagram - - the Ford wiring diagram book was indispensable. A critical item for troubleshooting, it has excellent wiring information PLUS all the location information for where each and every connector and module can be found. I bought mine for $20 on line. Highly recommended. These are out of print, and you might have to do some searching, but it's worth the trouble.

Last edited by illesg; 10-20-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: change title
illesg is offline   Reply With Quote