• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Ranger Full Size Dana 44 Swap ( F150 Axle )

Skippy_88Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay so I've been working on my SAS swap for a little while now and I've hit a bump. I'm not really sure what to do so I wanted some advice or opinions on what to do. I've got the axle under the truck, radius arms bolted on, duff 7 degree bushings, and all new radius arm bushings. I installed the duff tuff track bar mount to the frame and crossmember. Here comes the tricky part. I managed to put the track bar in but had to use a ratchet strap to pull it toward the axle to bolt it up. The frame mount where the track bar is... The track bar is twisted, not looking good. Should I buy an adjustable track bar to help with this?
Also I noticed with it installed is the axle is not equal under the truck. Sticks out further on the passenger side. This is another reason I think I need an adjustable one. Anyone got any help or ideas?

Attachments

Skippy_88Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
88 Ranger SAS

Notice the track bar in the mount

Attachments

Skippy_88Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
88 Ranger SAS

Duff tuff Track Bar Mount

Attachments

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Your Radius arms are mounted too high for that track arm. A adjustable track arm will fix that but you need to get the truck on level ground if it isn't already. Take a angle finder and set it on the machined area on top of the knuckle. You want it to be about 7+- a deg to the rear of the truck for optimal steering. Where the radius arms set when the camber is set is where the radius arms will need to be mounted.
If the axel is shifted to the passenger side it means you need to lift the truck higher or shorten the track arm and a adjustable track arm will work fine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals