• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TPMS Warning light

jgardiner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 2009 XLT has a Tire Pressure Warning light on all the time now. There is nothing wrong with the tire pressures, so I have 2 questions:

1 - Did Canadian Rangers come with a TPMS?
2 - How do I correct this warning light?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well, I don't know about Canadian Rangers, but if your light is on then your Ranger did come with it. Canadian market vehicles are pretty much the same as US market ones, except they all have the DRLs turned on.

Now I have questions.

1) Is the light on steady all the time?

2) When you first start the truck up does it flash for about 30 seconds before it comes on steady?

3) Are you 100% sure your pressures are correct?

5 PSI is enough to turn the light on. Many mechanical pressure gauges, especially the type with the spring loaded rod that pops out, will give a reading that differs from the sensor's reading by at least 5 PSI.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
What is a DRL there mr sir

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
What is a DRL there mr sir
DRL = Daytime Running Lights. This is a function, that over here, in Canada is a law to be turned on. Front lights come on as soon as you start the vehicule

And...adsm08, you say DRL functionned turned on?! Does that mean I could drive down into the US of A, find me a ford stealership, get em to plug in my truck, and turn off the darn DRLs?

jgardiner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
See the answers below. Does the TPMS trigger at a particular pressure or does it compare all the tire pressures and trigger if one is different?

The reason I asked about Canadian Rangers is that I also have a Subaru which in Canada does not have TPMS, but does in the States because its mandatory in the Sates but not in Canada.

Well, I don't know about Canadian Rangers, but if your light is on then your Ranger did come with it. Canadian market vehicles are pretty much the same as US market ones, except they all have the DRLs turned on.

Now I have questions.

1) Is the light on steady all the time?

Yes. It came on steady while on a trip after flashing for a few seconds.

2) When you first start the truck up does it flash for about 30 seconds before it comes on steady?

Yes

3) Are you 100% sure your pressures are correct?

Yes. Since the light came on I've checked them several times and they're all the same, 32 PSI.

5 PSI is enough to turn the light on. Many mechanical pressure gauges, especially the type with the spring loaded rod that pops out, will give a reading that differs from the sensor's reading by at least 5 PSI.

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
The TPMS will trigger at + or - 5psi.
I've read you're your answer to question 3, and our truck (I have a 2011) read to be at 30psi

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals