• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turbo Coupe Swap

92 street truck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 92 ranger super cab XLT with the 3.0 V-6 and am considering swapping in a turbo coupe motor the turbo coupe was a real screamer before it was totaled. Is this a good swap to do to gain some serious power while maintaining good mileage under normal driving conditions. I had considered a 5.0 swap but that seems to be a lot more expense and worse mileage and my turbo coupe could smoke a few of the GTs around here.I would appreciate any advice

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Make / Model
ford ranger spo
Transmission
Automatic
welcome to the boards

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
would do it if it were me.
You have all the parts you need already save for a few adapters here and there in your totaled coupe.A lot of people would say you are one lucky dude !

92 street truck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll be lucky when it's done but it should be a cool build.I did find some info on the site so that will help the truck is what is called a super ranger it has dually fenders and a set of 50's out back I think I may need the 50's if the build goes right

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals