• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

06+ tail light conversion 2002 explorer 4door

rush2252

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
New to this particular forum but VERY familiar with vbulletin. Ive been browsing this forum and several others for a few months now looking for a particular topic. I have unfortunately been unsuccessful in my attempts to find photos. I did find ONE lone thread referring to the subject but its several years old and the photos have been removed.

I own an 02 explorer 4 door and I want to do the 06+ tail light conversion. Ive heard and read that there is some minor sheet metal work that needs to be done, then I read that the lights were taller and didnt fit right. I parked next to my friends 07 today and they look identical in shape. I didnt want to tear his apart to see the difference for myself.

Someone please help Ive searched the forum, unfortunately the only hit I got was in the Ranger section and it was talking about the same process different vehicle.:dunno:

rush2252

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Update, I did some more searching and the lights are a direct fit, you have to do some modifications for the wiring harness as the newer lights are a bit different, but overall its pretty simple. I might post pics when I do it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals