• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TFI relocate by useing TRS tech

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
Back in the 80's we had a Fairmont sport and the TFI went out so I'm familiar with this system. I was sure you could relocate this module but never had to. Yesterday after going to the jy and getting new seats for the son's explorer. He has the EB leather that wore out and it seems all of the tan leather seats are crap. We were coming home and the old B2 started acting up. No power missing, dying. Then a 1/4 mile from the house and at a red light she gave up. My son walked the rest of the way home and got his Explorer and we towed the B2 home. I let her set for a couple of hours and sure as shoot'n it started right up. I got on line last night and checked the TRS web site and found the relocate tech section. It was a fairly easy job but that's with a 3" body lift. I went to the jy again this morning and got the heat sink out of a 89 areostar. I didn't take the dzz out either. I sealed the wires to the dizz with silicone, just smeared it in with my finger. Thats a new Tfi by the way. I didn't take pictures while doing it but here are the end photos. If you’re going to do this relocate follow the tech instructions and you’ll be fine. I mounted mine at the map sensor bracket. Snapping the fins off are a 7 out of 10. Lots of force needed. good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
That's a mighty big heat synch there partner. Looks like you do some nice work though. Welcome to TRS.

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
that's what the write up said to use.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals